Re: Capitalization tuning

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 8:37 AM,  <henman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem with the current operation of the Capitalization function is that it capitalizes the first letter of conjunction tails as well.
>
> For example:
>     $ CONJUNCT="I'll" && echo ${(C)CONJUNCT}
>     I'Ll
>     $CONJUNCT="They've" && echo ${(C)CONJUNCT}
>     They'Ve

This won't solve your problem, but it might help you research it
better: the term you're looking for is "contraction", not
"conjunction". a "conjunction" is a grammatical category for words
that join other words or phrases together. (The canonical list is
"and", "or", and "but", but there are others of various types.) A
contraction is a word formed by putting two (or very occasionally
more) words together and replacing some letters in the middle with an
apostrophe.

See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraction_(grammar)> and
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_conjunction> for more
information. (See <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo> for
some awesome 70's-style edutainment. :-)
--
Aaron Davies
aaron.davies@xxxxxxxxx