Bug report: ZSH stats every file in Maildir even with no_mail_warning option set.

Hi,
I am having problems with ZSH stat()ing every file in my ~/Maildir even
though I have setopt no_mail_warning in my .zshrc. After a discussion
about this in #ZSH@FreeNode I have also tried unsetopt MAIL_WARNING and
unsetopt MAIL_WARN, without success. The main problem with this is that
it can take several seconds to stat() the thousands of files in the Maildir.

The whole of my .zshrc:

-----------8<---------------

#PROMPT="%n@%m:::%~> "
PROMPT="%m::%n:%~> "

#PROMPT=`printf "\n%%n@%%m:::%%~> "`
unsetopt PROMPT_CR
#alias ls='ls --color=auto'

echo
fortune -a all

# Use Emacs like command line editing.
bindkey -e
# Lines configured by zsh-newuser-install
HISTFILE=~/.histfile
HISTSIZE=5000
SAVEHIST=3000
setopt appendhistory nomatch hist_verify
setopt inc_append_history no_bg_nice no_mail_warning
setopt extended_history hist_expire_dups_first
unsetopt MAIL_WARNING
unsetopt MAIL_WARN
# End of lines configured by zsh-newuser-install
# The following lines were added by compinstall

zstyle ':completion:*' auto-description 'specify: %d'
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete _correct #_complete #_approximate
zstyle ':completion:*' completions 1
zstyle ':completion:*' expand suffix
zstyle ':completion:*' format 'completing %d> '
zstyle ':completion:*' glob 1
zstyle ':completion:*' insert-unambiguous true
zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ''
zstyle ':completion:*' max-errors 2
#zstyle -e ':completion:*:approximate:*' max-errors 'reply=( $((
($#PREFIX + $#SUFFIX) / 3 )) )'
zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=long
zstyle ':completion:*' original false
zstyle ':completion:*' preserve-prefix '//[^/]##/'
zstyle ':completion:*' prompt '%e corrections> '
zstyle ':completion:*' select-prompt '%SScrolling active: current
selection at %p%s'
zstyle ':completion:*' squeeze-slashes true
zstyle ':completion:*' substitute 1
zstyle ':completion:*' verbose true
zstyle ':completion:*' use-perl on
zstyle ':completion:*' use-cache on
zstyle :compinstall filename '/home/users/wilx/.zshrc'

autoload -Uz compinit
compinit -C
# End of lines added by compinstall

--