Odp: Midnight Commander and zsh - "Warning: cannot change directory..."

For example, if I'm going to enter "News" sub-dir, it just says:
"Warning: cannot change to /home/zb/News".

There are two things worthy to mention:

1. That mentioned earlier side-effect of moving the panels up is more
likely to see, when the sub-directory name (the one I'm going to
enter) contains some non-alphanumerical character (f.e.
"#sharedobject"). But it's not limited to only such case.

2. In fact, I couldn't see that effect, when I changed my locale to
"en_US" - in such case there was just the "warning..." (but I didn't
try that long, so I'm not sure, is the english locale "effect-free").
Perhaps mc has issues with i18n? Or it's zsh subshell-related rather?

If you change your LANG and LC_ALL to f.e. "pl_PL" - you can see that
annoying effect faster.

Zbigniew