Re: colors gone in cygwin

fREW Schmidt <frioux@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
> I had mailed this list about this before a while back and we never resolved
> it; mostly because work got crazy for me.  I am running cygwin with zsh (zsh
> 4.3.9 (i686-pc-cygwin)) and for some reason all of the colors on my prompt
> are gone.
>
> You can see my .zshrc here:
> http://github.com/frioux/dotfiles/blob/0cec8a1817001148525170ef5318b54bdd63aa69/zshrc
>
> There is a fairly long prompt near the bottom, but that wouldn't explain
> where the colors went.  It all works fine in linux.

You're using another version of zsh in linux.

You are using $fg[], $fg_bold[] etc, without loading the colors
function. That used to work for you accidentally because promptinit
(which you are loading) used to load the colors function for you.

In recent versions of zsh (4.3.9 and newer, I think), the prompt
themes are using the new way of specifying colors and therefore don't
need the hashes provided by the colors function anymore. That's why
promptinit doesn't load colors these days.

Just add: autoload -Uz colors && colors

And you'll be fine.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925