Zsh and urxvt on cygwin

Hi!

I am running zsh as my default shell on cygwin, in rxvt-unicode.
To do this, I have changed the default shortcut of cygwin-X to run
urxvt-X.exe -e /usr/bin/zsh

But I am having problem with key bindings: backspace doesn't work,
left and right keys don't work etc. I tried running zkbd, but it
doesn't catch Ctrl+X - the first key combination, without which
the script doesn't proceed.

This problem occurs on xterm also.

I tried to search a bit, and found this message:
http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2003/msg00325.html
But it is for normal terminal (cmd.exe) and not urxvt/xterm.

Any idea what to do?

Should I ask this question on cygwin mailing list?

Regards