Re: compinit and promptinit fail on virtual terminal

Sebastian Stark wrote:

> Am 14.09.2009 um 21:27 schrieb Stephan Friedrichs:
>> /home/igel/.zshrc:2: compinit: function definition file not found
>> /home/igel/.zshrc:3: promptinit: function definition file not found
>> /home/igel/.zshrc:3: command not found: prompt
>
> What is the value of the fpath variable and does one of its components
> indeed contain the compinit function?

Ah $fpath was the hint I needed, thanks :)

$fpath only contained two paths, both from the icc (the intel C
compiler). Some faulty config file set them as a path instead of
appending them to the existing path. This was (indirectly) done by an
orphan /etc/profile.d/icc.sh; I don't remember if I wrote it myself or
if it is a remainder of an older icc installation. However, it looks
like this only screwed up bash, from which the virtual terminal
inherited the wrong paths (so su or a direct zsh login still work).

Long story short: Removing the orphan config file /etc/profile.d/icc.sh
solved the problem.

Thank you all!
//Stephan

--

Früher hieß es ja: Ich denke, also bin ich.
Heute weiß man: Es geht auch so.

 - Dieter Nuhr