Re: Testing if there is data on stdin?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Lloyd Zusman wrote:

Is there a way in zsh to test whether there is at least one byte of data waiting to be read from stdin without actually reading that data?

I know I can do a [[ -t 0 ]] to see whether stdin is attached to a terminal, but that doesn't tell me if there is any data waiting to be read.
=================

this might be what you want:

	read -t foo && { data_on_stdin ; echo ${foo} }

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"Arbeit Macht Frei"
	(Work Makes You Free)
		-- sign over the gates to
		Auschwitz concentration camp