Re: _expand completer and hashed dirs

On Sep 21,  5:01pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
}
} I applied the patch locally [...]
}
} While that does fix this:
}     % ls ~vim<tab>
}
} This now doesn't:
}     % print $HISTSIZE<tab>
}
} _expand used to offer me to expand to the value of the variable. Now
} it just adds a space.
}
} Am I missing something?

_expand handles ~foo and $foo in the same conditional test, so the
accept-exact strict style created by the patch applies to both.

Another reason I didn't commit it to CVS ...

I'm glad the _tilde completer fixed you up.  Just a word of caution to
others reading this thread:  Not all completion functions can be dropped
into the completers list that way.