Re: the function to show a digit argument while it is being typed

> Things get even hairier when argument-base is thrown in.

So I decided to play with that a bit, and in my experience, use of
argument-base to set the base only persists for one subsequent use of
digit-argument or universal-argument.  Is that expected?  It's what I
see even with 'zsh -f'.  The documentation is not explicit on this
point, but my assumption is that the setting would persist until the
next change, and I do not see anywhere in the code where zmod.base is
modified other than in argumentbase(), though there are two struct
assignments to it, however they look to be doing save/restore types of
stuff, but I'm not sure what bin_zle_call() is wrapped around..

Anyway, is this how it's supposed to work?

Also, in universalargument(), is it intentional that if an argument is
explicitly passed it is interpreted in base 10?

thanks,
Greg