Re: Autocompletion doesn't work with kanji

Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> How about replacing the _last_try line with:
> print -lr ${CURSOR:q:q} >&2
>
> It'll look ugly, but it's a quick check to see if something's amiss in
> your $CURSOR variable.

Ok, when I enter 'grep æ A<TAB>' (with the kanji character), it gives
me 2 lines:
$ grep æ A8
A<cursor ends up here>

However, without a kanji character it prints the following 3 lines:
$ grep x A8
  grep x A<cursor is now here>
A1  A2

(Again, that's in a directory containing only the two files A1 A2.)

If the $CURSOR variable is supposed to count characters and not bytes,
it looks like it's doing that correctly, as it shows 8 in both cases.

Regards,
Christoph