Re: Binding Home and End

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On 29 January 2010 22:41, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Peter Stephenson wrote:
[...]
>>> zle-line-init() { echoti smkx; }
>>> zle-line-finish() { echoti rmkx; }
[...]
>> Is there any potential part of the shell that could break if what the
>> above functions did were the default behaviour?
>
> I imagine it would at least break lots of keybinds for people who don't use
> terminfo.

Yes, of course. :)
I was rather getting at whether doing this was likely to break something
like menu-selection or something similar. I don't think it would, but
Peter's mention about "chaos" made me a little uneasy.

I'll probably just use the above in my setup and see if anything breaks
in the future.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925