Re: Question about the Zsh History event number

If you are using a saved history each time you start a zsh session the old
history gets imported. The numbering continues. You can use old event numbers
in you new session if you like.

There are some options how you can control the history behavior.
http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Options.html#SEC105

Furthermore zsh has the ability to share it's history across multiple running
sessions. Each command get's it's own event number. You can recall the command
with event number 123 entered in zsh session 1 from zsh session 2 by using the
history command "!123".