Menu selection and multi-page matches

When I use menu selection, after I make my selection zsh then lists all
the completions again. This happens only with completions that take up
multiple pages. To demonstrate:

1. setopt noautolist menucomplete

2. zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=1

3. Do menu completion for something that has more than one screen of
matches, like "ls -<TAB>".

4. So I select the option I want using arrow keys and <Enter>, like
--all. After I hit <Enter>, though, zsh then relists the completions
again. I just want it to take me back to the command line, where --all
has correctly been entered.

Is there some keystroke I should use for this, or some widget I should
write? Any ideas welcome. Thanks. --Omari