Caveats of setopt magic_equal_subst

As with so many things Zsh-related, I just discovered that something I'd
kind of wanted for a while was a built-in option: magic_equal_subst

I was just wondering if there were commonly-occurring situations where
magic_equal_subst might bite me.  It seems like the benefits will
outweigh having to workaround such situations, but I was just hoping to
get a group opinion or warning if I'm being optimistic.

My main reason for switching it on is that I use a lot of named
directories, and I'd like to be able to use them where command options
are of the form --some-option=~some/filename

--
Best,
Ben