Exit value of command glob qualifier within for loop

Hi,

I'm using a for loop with glob qualifiers to process a list of altered files. It
looks like this:

    for a in *(e:age today:); do some_command $a ; done

The problem, I've enabled the option PRINT_EXIT_VALUE. Now zsh echoes the line
"zsh: exit 1"  for every file which doesn't match the qualifier.

If I use this (builtin) command zsh reports the exit status as well:
    print *(e:age today:)

But if I use this (external) command zsh doesn't:
    ls *(e:age today:)

I'm not sure if this behavior is intentional but it sure is annoying.
Disabling PRINT_EXIT_VALUE before running these commands doesn't make that
much fun. I think zsh shouldn't print the exit value at all.