Re: Bash-like autocompletition

Am 08/17/2010 09:49 AM, schrieb Frank Terbeck:
Matthias Brandt wrote:
Am 08/17/2010 08:45 AM, schrieb Frank Terbeck:
Matthias Brandt wrote:
$ ls a<tab>                          #i want the cli only complete
$ ls aa                            #until the first ambigous character.
aaaabcdefg  aabg        aabcdefg   #<- the menu will be shown
Any idea how to configure this?
[...]
     <http://zshwiki.org/home/examples/compquickstart>
[...]
Sorry, but this doesn't help me. I've allready read some tutorials
about compsys, but I don't get any solution for my specific problem:
zsh should only complete until the first ambigous character.

Well, you have to explain where your problem is with that setup...

What that setup does this:

     + Complete until the first non-ambiguous character, if possible.
     + Show a list of possible completions, if there are only ambiguous
       completions left and tab is pressed.
     + If the list from the previous step is being displayed and tab is
       hit again, enter that list as a browsable menu with a cursor you
       can control with the keyboard's cursor keys.

Point one and two sound a *lot* you're asking for. Point three is a
little extra sugar, a lot of people like. You may want the menu to be
shown right away after the first tab when all non-ambiguous characters
have been inserted. If so, that's wasn't entirely clear to me.
I'm sorry. I've just tried the pastie and it didn't work for me. So now I've tried it on a clean zsh installation et voila: it works like a charm. Obviously i've got some other configuration which mixes it up...

Thank you for your patient support!

Matthias