Re: multiline ZLE w/ bash-like single line .zsh_history...?

On Dec 9, 11:12am, zsh@xxxxxxxx wrote:
}
} As for INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS, I do have that option set, but I'm not
} sure how to enter a multiline interactive comment, so unless there is
} a method I'm unaware of to do that, it's a non-issue

The problem isn't with multi-line comments, it's with comments that
contain an odd number of quote marks.  (z) won't know it's in a
comment and will therefore begin behaving as if part of the line
is a quoted string.