Re: Delete everything to the left until next whitespace?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:26:56 +0100
René 'Necoro' Neumann <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 10.02.2011 23:14, schrieb Richard Hartmann:
> > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 22:43, René 'Necoro' Neumann <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> There isn't a difference in behavior to normal
> >> backward-kill-word, is there? (At least I can't see one)
> >
> > It hangs on
> >
> > foo bar baz \!;\'a!a:          |^ew
> >
> > at least for me.
>
> Ah - thanks for the hint. An even easier case is already:
>
> foo bar 'baz'  |^W
> --> foo bar '|
>
> foo bar 'baz'  |^ew
> --> foo bar |

I'm not quite sure what you're claiming, but if enter the following
after zsh -f it seems to be working fine here with the latest source
code and the command lines above.  I don't think you've got the style
set in those last examples, but I tried again without that and, though
obviously the behaviour is different, it didn't seem wrong.

autoload -U backward-kill-word-match
zle -N backward-kill-word-space backward-kill-word-match
zstyle ':zle:backward-kill-word-space' word-style space
bindkey '^ew' backward-kill-word-space

By the way, if you're using the word context feature (I bet not many
people are), you'll need the pattern

zstyle ':zle:backward-kill-word-space*' word-style space

That's my fault for not adding the colon and telling people to use ':*'
from the outset.