Re: Suffix alias for README files

Reply to message «Re: Suffix alias for README files»,
sent 21:25:43 20 April 2011, Wednesday
by John Eikenberry:

> Is there any way to get either of these to work without changing the
> command that is stored in history? So the history contains
> '/some/path/README' and not 'less /some/path/README'?
Yes, of course. I personally use the following code:
    function zshaddhistory()
    {
        emulate -L zsh
        if ! [[ -z "${_HISTLINE}" ]] ; then
            print -sr -- "${_HISTLINE}"
            unset _HISTLINE
        else
            print -sr -- "${1%%$'\n'}"
        fi
        fc -p
    }
With this function if you set variable _HISTLINE somewhere before zshaddhistory
hook is run then contents of _HISTLINE will be put into the history. Widget
accept-line is called before zshaddhistory.
Here is where I actually use _HISTLINE (with just the same purpose: execute one
command, but add to history another):

    function _-accept-line()
    {
        emulate -L zsh
        local -r autopushd=${options[autopushd]}
        options[autopushd]=off
        cd $PWD || cd
        options[autopushd]=$autopushd
        if [[ ${BUFFER[1,3]} == ":h " ]] ; then
            _HISTLINE=$BUFFER
            BUFFER=":h ${(q)BUFFER[4,-1]}"
        elif [[ ${BUFFER[1,4]} == "zmw " ]] ; then
            _HISTLINE=$BUFFER
            BUFFER="zmw "${(j. .)${(q)${(z)BUFFER[5,-1]}}}
        fi
        zle .accept-line
    }