Re: vcs_info: can't get %c and %u to perform as expected

Alex Satrapa <grail <at> goldweb.com.au> writes:
> My confusion is thus down to what vcs_info means by "staged" and
> "unstaged". With my current system for Mercurial [...] I can display a
> symbol when there are new files or edits, a different symbol when
> there are changes ready to be committed (i.e.: "added").

...I suck at reading. If you want to change the branch name to a
different color depending on all these three criteria, then you will
need to write a hook that parses the output of `hg status`. The
Mercurial backend of vcs_info goes to great lengths to only invoke
Mercurial one time -- any more than that and I found the prompt would
draw too slowly for real use. If you find the same, you may want to set
the use-simple style to have vcs_info invoke `hexdump` instead then you
can invoke `hg status` yourself.

When you're done, this sounds like it would be a good candidate for
inclusion in the vcs_info-examples file. Let me know if I can answer any
questions or help out. :)