Re: Rehash after installs

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 06:37:52AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

>> Another (perhaps nicer) solution would be to "rehash" if command
>> completion failed, and then retry completion after that.
>>
>> This way even with a GUI installation program you'll get current
>> completion info. I've no idea how to implement it though; so if someone
>> does it (or has already done it), please let me know.
>
> You mean something like
> zstyle ':completion:*' rehash true

Indeed! Thanks for telling me about this.

The man page however seems to say that a rehash is issued on *every*
external command completion request. Is it possible to rehash only on
every *failed* external command completion request.

I guess it doesn't really matter so much as I can't (yet) notice too
much of a performance penalty.

Thanks,

GI

--
Top Ten New Intel Slogans For The Pentium:
3.9998245917 Division Considered Harmful