Re: Prompt theme: Show the original job text after foregrounding

Hi, Bart -

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For years I've been using a two-line prompt that displays the previous
> command and its exit status (represented by highlighting) in the first
> of the two lines.  You may have seen this as "prompt bart" in the theme
> system distributed with zsh.

I've been an enthusiastic user of "prompt bart" for several years.  Thank you!

I think your latest change has caused alias expansion to occur for the
upper left prompt.  In my case, this has converted the fairly tidy

[l abcde]

to the messier (IMO)

[ls --dereference-command-line-symlink-to-dir -F abcde]

I didn't see a way to disable the preexec hook - is there any way to
customize this?

Thanks,
  Vin