Re: Zsh startup really slow after upgrade to fedora 15

On Sep 5,  2:26pm, Renato Botelho wrote:
}
} After I upgrade my fedora 14 to 15, it became incredibly slow to open
} a new terminal [...]
}
} Is there anything i can do to make it startup faster? Am I missing
} something obvious?

Nothing jumps out.  Does it take a long time only when opening a
terminal, or does it also take a long time if you just run "zsh" (or
also try "zsh -l") from the command line of an existing terminal?

If it's slow in one of those circumstances, run again with the -x
option and look for delays.

Fedora does appear to have upgraded from 4.3.10 to 4.3.11 with F15.
I wouldn't have expected that by itself to make a difference but it
is possible that the shell startup is now loading more or different
/etc/profile.d stuff.

You might try some of the startup-time suggestions made recently on
this list, such as "unsetopt hashcmds hashdirs" in your ~/.zshenv to
put off scanning everything in your $path.