Re: Zsh startup really slow after upgrade to fedora 15 [SOLVED]

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 10:35pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }
> } We solved this on irc, it turned out to be that group lookup thing in
> } compaudit you fixed/worked around the other week
>
> Curious that upgrading to Fedora 15 would cause that.  I would expect
> it only to occur in a networked environment.  It is possible that F15
> has the networked version of getent enabled by default now, and the
> long delay is because it's waiting for a connection to a non-existent
> server to time out?

Like Mikael said, i added 'compinit -u' and it helped me a lot, but i
was still having a big delay on completion.

After dig into it i figured out my problem was being caused because
i had a symlink "/usr/bin/foo" that was pointing to a NFS mounted
directory, and it was the cause of delay. After remove this symlink
it started to work fine again even if i remove -u option from compinit.

The conclusion is it was just an environment problem, not zsh, sorry
for the noise.

And i figured out it started happening after i upgrade to fedora 15
because there is a local repository with tools from the company i
work for, and one of those packages created that link on my
/usr/bin.

Regards
--
Renato Botelho