Re: {fd}< and compound commands

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:58:22 +0100
Stephane Chazelas <stephane_chazelas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looking at the changelogs for ksh93 and zsh, it seems both
> shells implemented it within one week of each other (in April
> 2005), you guys surely must have mentionned it to each other, or
> does that feature come from another shell/language?

Yes, we discussed it.  I think one of us (not me) suggested the syntax.

The fact that there's no automatic closure for the descriptor is what
makes me comfortable with the current limitations --- as I said, the
fact that it looks like a redirection is really a bit of a confusion.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog