Re: prompts with newlines get printed twice

On Sep 23,  7:52pm, Jorge Israel Pena wrote:
}
} The problem I'm encountering is that when I create a newline in the prompt,
} the prompt gets printed twice when I open the terminal.

We've been wrestling with this one for a while.  The trouble seems to be
that Terminal sends extra WINCH (window size change) signals to the shell,
which causes it to reprint the prompt.

Zsh doesn't attempt to perform a cursor-up before printing the prompt, as
for command line editing purposes it only keeps track of the appearance of
the final line.