Re: tcsh set time equivalent

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30 September 2011 23:58, Renato Botelho <rbgarga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I used to have a configuration on tcsh:
>>
>> set time=(60 "\
>> Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : %Us\
>> Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : %Ss\
>> Total time                              : %Es\
>> CPU utilisation (percentage)            : %P\
>> Times the process was swapped           : %W\
>> Times of major page faults              : %F\
>> Times of minor page faults              : %R")
>>
>> With this, if a command that took over 60s to be executed, this
>> summary was showed after.
>>
>> Is there any equivalent function on zsh?
>
> There's REPORTTIME (just assign a number to it), but it measures cpu
> time, not wall clock.

Hello Mikael,

I set REPORTTIME=2, and ran a `find /usr -type l -name '*xxxx*'`, it took
about 20 seconds do execute and at the end, it didn't show anything.

I saw zshparams manpage and this parameter is there as you said. Is there
anything else i need to consider?

I'm using zsh 4.3.11 on fedora 15

Regards
--