delay in exitting from zsh shell

Hello, I'm facing the strange issue - when I run zsh shell and eventually try
to exit from it - it takes some time (3-5 seconds) between I hit Ctrl+D or
type "exit" in shell prompt.

After some experiments I realized that if I remove .histfile - then ZSH exists
immediately, as supposed.

My history file is ~350K of size and settings are:

HISTFILE=~/.histfile
HISTSIZE=10000
SAVEHIST=10000
setopt append_history
setopt inc_append_history
setopt histignorealldups
setopt histignorespace
setopt histreduceblanks
setopt histsavenodups
setopt sharehistory

I checked performance of filesystem where the file is actually stored:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1m count=10
10485760 bytes transferred in 0.065193 secs (160841962 bytes/sec)

so it operates quite well.

zsh 4.3.12 (amd64-portbld-freebsd9.0)

What may be wrong with ZSH and how to fix it? Thanks!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky