2 questions of completion

1) Say I have an alias such as
alias grep=egrep
Suppose I don't want to use the alias I can use
\grep something

However I noticed that
\gr tab (for completion) deletes the \ at the beginning of the line.
Is there an option or something to avoid this.

2) Still about completion but quite different

With menu select activated, I need to press enter twice to validate a
command so I use
bindkey -M menuselect '^M' .accept-line
and it works.

However I have a similar problem with backspace, and can't find
solution. What can I do to make backspace works (I mean not pressing
this key twice) ?