do you use separate .zshenv and .zshrc files?

I keep vacillating between wanting to separate my config files into two separate files or keep them in one.

If I understand ZSH correctly, I could use one file (.zshenv) and put the settings which *would* have been in .zshrc into a block like this:

if [[ -o login ]]
then
# do stuff which would have been in .zshrc here
fi

The reason for doing this is that I tend to forget which file has whatever thing it is that I want to tweak/edit/change/add, and so I end up having to open one, search for what I'm looking for, realize it's in the other file, and then open the other file.

ISTM that it would be easier to just keep everything in one file and separate the login stuff using the `if` statement above.

Are there any drawbacks to that method?