Re: double quoted expansion question

On Sep 7,  5:43pm, Sebastian Stark wrote:
}
} Wow, thanks. My mistake is that I thought that because the quotes are
} at the outermost level, the double quoted joining was not part of this
} and applied at the very end.

I can see how you might think that, but actually double-quoted-ness
applies all the way down the nested expansions from whatever level it
first encloses.

} For here-docs there seems to be yet another twist:

Hmm, that's an odd one -- certainly appears to be a bug.  Workaround
is to add an otherwise meaningless level of nesting:

cat <<EOF
EOF

--
Barton E. Schaefer