Re: vcs_info on a hg repository with a git subrepository; actionformats works ok, formats does not

That may be the answer.

That said, their addition of git commands to the debug output isn't
outputting terribly useful info. I wonder if that is intentional.
Especially since the output differs with the presence of the -r flag. (I
will research.)

The --debug flag is used to get hg to output the full sha. Perhaps there is
a better way to get all req'd info.