¿ launch_msg("SetUserEnvironment"): Socket is not connected ?

I just started getting

	launch_msg("SetUserEnvironment"): Socket is not connected

whenever I launch a new zsh shell in Terminal.app or iTerm.

If I remove my .zshenv the message goes away, but I'm not sure what's
causing it, and I haven't changed my .zshenv lately (as far as I
remember!)

Mac OS X 10.8.2
4.3.11

Google led me to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10193561/tmux-socket-is-not-connected-error-on-os-x-lion

I do use `brew` but I don't use `tmux` -- in fact, `tmux` isn't even
installed on my $PATH so I'm not sure if this is related or not.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

TjL