Re: change inside

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday, October 26, 2012, shawn wilson wrote:
>
>> i use vim bindkeys and am quite happy with it. however one feature
>> that i use a lot in vim is the 'inside' feature - di, ci, yi, etc. and
>> i don't seem to have this on the shell. what's the best way to make
>> something like this work and/or could this be implemented to make this
>> more like native vim?
>>

> You will need to create a custom zle widget, or rather, a set of them.

thanks for the pointers. i'll look at what it'll take to script this
out. however, (and i didn't ask this directly because i was unsure if
there was just a feature i had missed) what is the general idea behind
the vi mode in zsh? is this a feature that is meant to stay compatible
with bash/tcsh/etc? or is this meant to bring as much of the vim
command set as possible, but without being cumbersome into zsh?

if the philosophy is the former, than maybe a pull request to
oh-my-zsh is the way to go (who is ~10 months behind on merges).
however, if it is the later, than this should really be a feature
request.