delete key :(

All,

Just a quick mini-bitch. Playing with the Salix distro, I imported all my ~/.z* files, and got things more or less working ok, except that a few standard keys didn't work, like 'delete' prints a tilde, etc. I've since figured out that this is because several keys are assigned to their normal function in the '/etc/zsh' directory of Debian based distros. Why on Earth would keys as standard as 'delete' not have their normal function ROOTB? Why must we work to get something so basic? Even bash gives us those keys by default.