Re: PATCH and more remarks on parameter expansion docs

On Jan 2,  4:32pm, Han Pingtian wrote:
}
} Thanks your nice patch. But I'm still wondering why not change the
} statements after "${=spec}" in man page. Or I'm misunderstanding the
} original statements which has been stating this "splitting before
} assignment" behavior is only related to "(A)" flag?

You mean this?

     Note that splitting is applied to WORD in the assignment forms of
     SPEC _before_ the assignment to NAME is performed.  This affects
     the result of array assignments with the A flag.

I must not be understanding what else you think it should say.  Is it
just that it isn't "... the A flag, among other things"?