Re: Higher order functions in zsh (article link)

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 10:55:01AM +0530, rahul wrote:
THis has been posted on reddit programming, thought I'd share with you.

http://yannesposito.com/Scratch/en/blog/Higher-order-function-in-zsh/index.html
---end quoted text---

The examples look like those of a Java programmer translating their Java programming style to shell programming. They can be better solved with zargs or, if you insist on a Posix shell, then pipes. Pipes in Unix-like systems play exactly the role of map, filter and reduce in functional systems.

That's not to say that there's no merit to the idea. I'd just like to see more compelling examples.

Steve