Re: Please implement auto-handling of ${HOME}/.zsh/

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Paul Hoffman <nkuitse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 07:16:39PM +0000, Larry Schrof wrote:
> > I have been dying for this for many years.  I have a ton of zsh configs,
> > so I like to organize them in ~/.zsh/ , but here's the problem.
> >
> > First, I have to create a symlink ~/.zshenv and point it to
> ~/.zsh/.zshenv
> > Then, as the first thing to do in ~/.zsh/.zshenv, I have to do:
> >    export ZDOTDIR=${HOME}/.zsh
> >
> > This is janky and is messier than it needs to be.
>
> Yes, but OTOH you only have to do it once.

Assuming this is your computer, you do something with /etc/z* which would
look for ~/.zsh and save you having to symlink ~/.zshenv

Personally I have all of my Zsh stuff in ~/Dropbox/etc/zsh/ and when I
setup a new system all I have to do is

ln -s Dropbox/etc/zsh/zshenv.sh .zshenv

ln -s Dropbox/etc/zsh/zshrc.sh .zshrc

hardly seems onerous.