How should I construct this?

I am trying to write a shell script which will help my computer automatically join Wi-Fi networks.

Each network needs to have an SSID (which may have spaces in it) and a password (which may have spaces, punctuation, etc in it).

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create this.

I thought about trying to make an array or something like this where the first 'column' would be the SSID and the 2nd column would be the passwords

ALL_WIFI_NETWORKS=(
				Home					89382ashfa
				Work					0823u2j98dyumn
				"Coffee House"		""
				"Jenny's Wifi"		8675309
)

but then I need to be able to loop through $ALL_WIFI_NETWORKS using only first column… something like this

for SSID in {{{The First Arg in Each Line of $ALL_WIFI_NETWORKS}}}
do
		echo "foo"

done

where the part in {{{ and }}} indicates the part where I really don't know how to do what I want to do.

It seems like there's got to be an easier / better way of doing this, but I can't figure out what it is, other than keeping two lists/arrays, one of the SSIDs, and one with the passwords, but that seems kludgey because I have to ask the user (whoever uses this script besides me) to put the SSIDs in twice.

TjL