Re: zsh echoing every statement

Excerpt from James Jong's message
of 2013-04-30T17:07-0400:

[...]
> $ ls
> 2;ls --color=yes -aF1;ls./ ../ file1 file2 file3
>
> In other words, zsh shows 2;COMMAND 1; and then the output without
> line breaks, which is of course very different from what I was
> getting with Option 1.
>
> What can I do to diagnose the problem? Any pointers would be greatly
> appreciated

I use grml's zsh setup. I get the output like you: if I run the
system by runlevel 1 (or 3) and type the command ls, zsh shows the
following:
;root@hostname: ls [without any line breaks]

As a normal user the same. The curious thing is that when I run the
shell by a terminal emulator (in my case xfce4-terminal) the output
is OK.