Re: print to the terminal in zle

On Jul 26,  8:39pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: print to the terminal in zle
}
} On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:48:11 +0100
} Stephane Chazelas <stephane.chazelas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > recently, Debian broke some of my scripts using ZLE in `zsh -i` by adding:

I have to admit that I'm with Frank in being confused about "scripts using
ZLE in `zsh -i`".

} It's just occurred to me that maybe zle special functions should be run
} with stdout and stdin set explicitly to the terminal.

I can't make up my mind about this one.  If anything is to change, they
should have stdin/out set to whatever ZLE is using, not necessarily to
"the terminal" (though perhaps those never differ?).

} Arguably they have no business knowing about a redirected stdout or
} stdin since they run in a context where that's meaningless.

To the extent that "zsh -i" can be used to force interactivity, isn't
the point of doing so to have the shell read standard input "as if" it
were a terminal device even when it is not one?