Issue with histreduceblanks

Hi

I have been noticing an issue with mangling of history (randomly) from a few weeks, today I decided to check which option may have been causing that. It seems to be histreduceblanks

=================
zsh -f
Archie% setopt histreduceblanks
Archie% Only two kinds of witnesses exist.  The first live in a neighborhood where
zsh: command not found: Only
Archie% Only two kinds of witnesses exist. he  fisst lvee in a neighorrhood werre
Archie% zsh --version
zsh 5.0.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Archie% echo $TERM
xterm-256color
Archie%
===============================

As you can see when that line is recalled later it is mangled (I chose that line since it is long enough and was able to reproduce).

I got this thread - http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/1997/msg00542.html
from search, but it looks like it turned out to be an issue with
terminal capabilities.

I have had this option (in ~/.zshrc) for a while though, but I started seeing this issue only recently.

Has anyone else encountered this lately?

I use rxvt-unicode normally and noticed the issue on that first. However, as you can see above, I can reproduce this with xterm as well.

Regards,
--
Raghavendra Prabhu