Re: Duplicating TRANSIENT_RPROMPT for left PROPMT?

On Oct 31,  1:01pm, Jesse Hathaway wrote:
}
} > } I tried grabbing the latest tarball from the website and compiling it,
} >
} > I wouldn't have expected this to be a problem that would fix anyway ...
}
} I thought it was a long shot, I just wanted to make sure debian had not
} added some strange patch.

Well, I just tried an older version (zsh-5.0.2-108-ga6ba892) and it goes
into an infinite loop in zle-line-init when calling zle redisplay.  So
some of what I wrote may be pretty dangerous advice if you don't have
the latest from CVS (effectively, zsh 5.0.3).

Consequently I suggest you try this:

zle-keymap-select() {
  vim_mode="${${KEYMAP/vicmd/${vim_cmd_mode}}/(main|viins)/${vim_ins_mode}}"
  POSTDISPLAY="$vim_mode $KEYMAP"
  [[ $WIDGET != zle-line-init ]] && zle redisplay