Re: zsh 5.0.2-test-1 is available

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 02:16:27 -0500
Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In zsh, you can call `zmodload -a zsh/stat zstat` repeatedly without an
> error, up until you call `zstat`.  Once `zstat` has been invoked, future
> calls to `zmodload -a zsh/stat zstat` will spew an error and return 1.

Right, that's always how it worked.  I suspect Axel's problem is some
similar clash in startup files; I can't think of another explanation
that makes sense.  A full set -x trace at boot looking for references to
zsh/stat and zstat would probably show.

I think the problem with making this silent is it's not currently
trivial to check that the builtin that's there is actually the same as
the one you're trying to add, so in theory it's not safe to ignore
(though in practice we don't produce modules with conflicting builtins).
It shouldn't be that difficult to do the check properly, though, and
that ought to resolve the issue.

pws