Re: AltGr key combination recognition

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:45:22PM +0100, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
> Am 16.12.2013 22:11, schrieb Michael Rasmussen:
> > My freshly installed zsh[1] does not accept AltGr character input.
> > A search of the list archives shows that other people have successfully
> > used AltGr keyboard mappings, though the messages were from 2005 - 2008.
> >
> > The FAQ also states:
> >    If you have a recent X Window System installation, you might find the
> >    AltGr key helps you input accented Latin characters; for example on
> >    my keyboard AltGr-;
> >
> > I am using the grml zsh config, but a "zsh -d" shell exhibits the same problem.
> >
> > Would someone with a working AltGr setup please share what was needed to enable it.
>
> Is it the shell or the terminal that does not work? In other words: Does
> another shell in the same terminal work?

Switching to bash allows the combinations to work. Even sshing to another host
where bash is my default allows it to work. Which sounds quite odd because zsh
must be accepting the key codes and sending them on through the ssh tunnel.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
          Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity