Using zsh from another shell

Hello,

I have a SSH account on a machine where I can't change the shell. The default login shell is tcsh. Right now I invoke zsh by calling it as the last command in ~/.cshrc. It seems to work fine except that I need to type exit twice to close the session.

Are there any other potential problems I haven't noticed so far?
Is there a way to work around the twice exit issue?
Is there a recommended way of using/invoking zsh in this situation?

Thanks a lot,
Florian