Re: zsh (stty speed) question or tmux question?

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 00:13:09 -0400
rj <rj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu 03 at 12:05 AM -0400, rj <rj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So, what is the source of the appearance of the "9600" speed indicator ..
>
> These speeds apparently apply only to serial connections which was how most
> terminals used to connect.  (Sorry, has little to do with zsh.)

There's one remaining effect of this in the shell that I can see (there
used to be more): it appears still to be using it to decide whether it's
worth trying to update the terminal when waiting for a key press.  The
lower the speed, the longer it will wait before performing a refresh if
you don't type anything, up to a maximum of half a second.

I suspect there's more going on, so that it's not that simple --- there
are other occasions when terminal refreshes happen.

pws