Re: setopt interactivecomments

# schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2014-04-17 15:41:17 -0700:
> } What would break if interactive comments was on by default?
>
> I don't know how prevalent this still is, but a number of programs used
> file names with # in them for backups.  It becomes one more thing you
> have to quote.

i'm *very* happy with zsh's conservatism: with one or two exceptions,
my 14yr old .zshrc has worked the same for me the whole time.

that said, i rely on filename completion to quote metacharacters for me.
it's possible to screw it up when i *do* input crazy filenames w/o
autocompletion (most probably copy/paste), so far i had no horrible
things happen in result (knock on wood).  IOW i have a slight preference
for interactive comments to be enabled by default, if completion
compensates for it.

--
roman