Renaming music files

Hi,

I often download music from http://freefloatingmusic.bandcamp.com/...
With a Sansa Clip ZIP I listen to the files.
This player has a OLED display of 96x96 pixel, which is only
a little bit smaller than Full HD...  ;)

The files inside of the arives are named like the following
pattern (names fictional and only as an example):

Gentoo/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System - 01 Eternal Boot.flac
Gentoo/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System - 02 Devine UDEV.flac
Gentoo/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System/Gentoo - Sound of a UNIX System - 03 Nvidias Light.flac

and so on...

Often spaces and '_'s and '-'s are mixed in no predictive order (NO
CRITISM indendat!)

The files are tagged, therefore the information given with the
filenames are also included in the tags inside the files themselves.

To save space on the display I use to rename the directories and files
to this (using zmv):

Gentoo/Sound of a UNIX System/01 Eternal Boot.flac
Gentoo/Sound of a UNIX System/02 Devine UDEV.flac
Gentoo/Sound of a UNIX System/03 Nvidias Light.flac

and use detox afterwards to get rid of the spaces in names.

Is there any way to automate this by instruct zmv to throw away
anything, which does not change and only keep the changing part?

Thank you very much in advance for any idea/help!
Best regards,
mcc