Iterating over a set of arrays

Hi,

this is originally a bash question but I'd also be interested in a
zsh solution (or if there is no solution).

I'd like to get the second element of a set of arrays.

arrayA=(a1 a2 a3)
arrayB=(b1 b2 b3)
arrayC=(c1 c2 c3)

The output should be

a2
b2
c2

To avoid repetitive code, I'd like to do this in a loop.

The below does not work because iterating over an array iterates over
the elements and there is no array of arrays in bash and zsh

for array in ${arrayA[@]} ${arrayB[@]}
do
	echo ${array[1]}
done

So is there a solution to the above problem?

Thorsten